Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Cool Tool: Creaza

     My cool tool this week was a comic strip created using the website Creaza.  The comic that I created in embedded below for you enjoyment!  Besides comic strips, students and teachers can use Creaza for presentations (both video and audio) and mind maps.  There is a preselected "Activity Bank" that teachers can choose from or there are many ways for students to utilize their creativity,  When I made my comic strip, I started with an Activity Bank prompt that was called "future" and then I set up my background, characters, and props before adding the dialogue.  



I could see this tool  being used for students to create collaborative responses as well as any other presentations for projects.  I also like that it can be used as an interactive graphic organizers.  Students can place ideas into the video and manipulate them in many ways!
     While creating my own piece of work I found there were some aspects that were difficult.  For example, I felt that the content loaded very slowly even when I tried the website on a different computer.  This made the features and graphics difficult to manipulate.  Also, I needed an account to log in.  While it was free, it does add an extra step when setting this project up for students. 
     Some aspects that I really felt were impressive about Creaza are that there are so many prompts and possible activities to utilize.  They were all very simple especially in the fact that there were not an overwhelming amount of features for students to choose from.  There is a lot of creativity available but without an intimidating amount of choices.
Overall, I could definitely see myself using this tool in my classroom and I am sure that the students would find it enjoyable! If you would like to try it out, click here !

No comments:

Post a Comment